Friday, August 10, 2012

New additions!

What do you do when you're a member of a bookstore?
Buy books, of course!
Being a Kinokuniya Malaysia member isn't a decision made on the spur of the moment. I thought, hey, I know I'll be buying lots of Japanese books over the year, and this is the only place in the city where I'll get them. Paying that RM38 for a one-year membership after all those considerations didn't seem to be too big of a deal. Besides, it's the only place where I can get a decent psychology text that I'll definitely want whenever I do my coursework. Plus, it's just opposite of my workplace (where I volunteer). =)

One thing that I'm satisfied with Kinokuniya is their promptness. Yes, I received a text from them saying my books had arrived just a week after my order. That was fast! Those books are the 2nd time I've made orders at the Japanese book department.

The staffs at the Japanese book department are very helpful and friendly too! It's not like I haven't had bad experiences at the bookstore with some grumpy cashiers at times, but really, I can always count on them (those at JBD) to help me find books and they'll even find the titles online for me when I need to order them. I forgot that one guy's name, but the last time my friend ordered the last 5 saimono books and about 2 weeks ago when I ordered bakemonogatari (yes, I picked them up a bit late.. hehe), he's been very helpful. Yaya was the name, if I'm not mistaken.

Please note that Kinokuniya does not pay me for any promo. This is purely my opinion based on my experience. Different people may have different sets of experience with them, I suppose.

Anyway, back to my books. Yes, I've read a bit, watched the anime for a bit and I liked them. Yes, Nisio-san, your stories are wonderful. =D The 1st intro for Bakemonogatari is really nice. I love that stapler song. haha.

The volumes that I have are Kodansha box versions. Very nice! And they're thick too! Guess I know how I'll spend my semester break... or what remains of it. The fall semester begins by the end of August. What??!! Fall?? Dear God, it's already Senior Year! The final year of college. I really don't know if I want college to end, or to never end... One thing's for sure, I'll miss college... and my frequent trips to Kinokuniya with my two friends (both frequent customers at bookstores too!).

Now, to plan that picnic + bookstore trip we've had in mind for the past year....

No comments: