Friday, October 17, 2008

Again and again and again...

Will it ever end...


Mom's at it again. She's been debt-ridden all year. Ever since dad quit his job so suddenly and dropped the bombshell on us -unprepared, by the way, we've had to listen to mom's complaints and woes.

Today is one of those days. I had hoped we would have a happy family after we moved to a new place, you know, start anew. It doesn't seem to be so. I offered to work part-time at the local pharmacy, doing clerical work or cashier but I'm not allowed. I'm of age, ya know. The legal age to work here is around 17 or 18.

Now she's lecturing my dad and he, as usual is turning a deaf ear. Only that I hoped he would at least listen and do something about it.

My parents keep on telling me about one another, complaining about each other. My ears are getting itchy. I know I shouldn't involve myself with their business but they dragged me into this problems. What can I do but listen and sometimes despair? Even my school cousellor had noticed by change of attitude and sullenness. Am I that obvious?

Let me go now and mope for all I care.

No comments: