Sunday, September 28, 2008

Choice and Consequence

Everybody likes to go their own way—to choose their own time and manner of devotion.
Jane Austen (1775-1817)



I probably should add this too:

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter


- Linkin Park, In The End

Anyway, it's been about 3 days since I last posted an entry. I've been busy. The last paper, Biology (written practical) aka Paper 3 was on Friday. I really don't have time to blog when my grades are at stake.

Since the trials have finally ended and I have about a month before the real SPM exams, I thought I should at least make an effort to appease my muse.

Right... Back to business. Next Tuesday is the Eidul Fitr. My sister's birthday is the day after. We'll be going to mom's hometown to visit my grandma and the day after, her eldest brother. It's gonna be a brief visit, especially with a cat of my own and two other cats belonging to my neighbour who is also my uncle to take care of.

I personally think that the world according to moi is turning Topsy-turvy. The Lailatulqadr was on the night of 27th September. I missed it. Don't blame me... blame my friggin hormones.

Indeed... it is only a week of school break; 9 days to be exact. But once school reopens, it'll be less than a week until SPM. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of it. So now, I found myself sticking my nose in my History textbook trying to memorize every single detail to be able to score an 'A'.

Perhaps I should pay attention to my science subjects. I didn't seem to be paying the attention I should have poured onto these subjects. I'm borderline bored about having to memorize chemical reactions and properties and the salts. It's not like I don't like Chemistry, it's just that I'm bored of taking exams. My life so far has somewhat been about acing exams year after year. It does get to you... honest.

So let me see... how does this relate to that Linkin Park song at the beginning of today's post? Simple; I find that it doesn't matter what people say. I would still go my own path. I will be me and not a person I am dictated to be. I am capable of making my own decisions. So I will strive for that success.

That's it for today. I'm off to watch a repeat of Supernatural.

No comments: